Code Enforcement Officers are out checking for violations of the Weeds and Grass Ordinance. Residential areas cannot exceed 6" in height.
52.03 CUTTING SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS OF PRACTICE.
1. Every owner shall cut, mow, and maintain all grass, weeds, and brush upon the owner’s property and adjacent to the curb line or outer boundary of any street, which shall include the parking area abutting the owner’s property, to a uniform height as defined in Section 52.04.
2. Every owner shall cut, mow, and maintain grass, weeds, and brush adjacent to the curb line, including the parking area abutting the owner’s property, in such a manner so as to be in conformity with and at an even height with all other grass, weeds or brush growing on the remainder of the owner’s property.
52.04 UNIFORM HEIGHT SPECIFICATIONS. Grass, weeds, and brush shall be cut, mowed, and maintained so as not to exceed the following height specifications:
1. Developed Residential Areas — not to exceed six inches (6″).
2. Undeveloped Residential Areas — not to exceed eight inches (8″).
3. Business and Industrial Areas — not to exceed six inches (6″).
4. Agriculture Areas — not to exceed fifteen inches (15″).
52.06 NOTICE TO ABATE. Upon discovery of any violations of this chapter, the City may initiate abatement procedures as outlined in Chapter 50 of this Code of Ordinances. The City shall assess $75.00 per subdivided lot and/or any part of a subdivided lot as the expense of each mowing of grass, weeds, or brush. Section 50.06(6) shall not apply to the abatement procedure for mowing grass, weeds, or brush.
52.07 MOWING IN THE STREET. No property owner shall cut, mow, or deposit in any fashion any grass, weeds, brush, or leaves upon a City street.