Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 4pm
120 1st Ave SW, Clarion, IA 50525
The Clarion Police Department employs seven full-time officers including the Chief of Police, and is assisted by a unit of reserve officers.
Chief of Police
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a copy of a police report?
- Police reports may be obtained from the police department during business hours by calling 515-532-3831
When making a call from my cell phone, to which 911 location will my call go?
- The county sheriff's office tower that is closest to your location. Always give your location when calling from your car.
How can I protest a parking or traffic ticket?
(1) If you receive a parking or traffic citation which you feel is unjustified or was issued due to circumstances beyond your control, you are encouraged to contact the officer who issued the violation to explain you position.
(2) If you want to request a hearing to dispute the ticket, call the Clerk of Court at (515) 532-3113 to schedule a hearing date.
Where do I go to pay my traffic citation?
- Traffic citations are processed through the Wright County Clerk of Court's office. If you have any questions about paying for a traffic citation, or you would like to set a hearing date, call the Clerk of Court's office at (515) 532-3113.
Can I make a police report at any time of the day or night, or do I need an appointment?
- The police department will respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week to requests for assistance.
Can I make a police report over the telephone or does an officer have to be present?
- Some reports can be taken by phone, however most require an officer to respond in person.